Saturday, August 22, 2009

In Other Words...

Del am tang sho deh....

Sometimes you can't really express yourself in the English language. It's not that there aren't enough words - it's more that the subtle nuances seem to be missing. I'm sure that it's because I have emotional attachments with the words in another language - in this case, it's a Persian phrase that seems to fit my feelings.

It means my heart aches....

Have you had those times when, for unknown reasons, you long for heaven more than usual? When every fiber of your body yearns for a heavenly embrace? When you can't wait to leave the pain of this world behind you and walk on those streets of gold with your friends and family forever?

That's what I'm feeling today. I am so tired of what sin has done to this world - what the devil has wrought on relationships of those closest to me. To look into the eyes of my friends and see the hurt that they have encountered and feel their scars of past injuries. To be reminded of my own keloids from one painful cut after another - one scar on top of the previous one. Sometimes I feel that I don't want to go on....

"Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Rest. I long for rest. Not just a night of closing my eyes. Not just the oblivion of a restful sleep. I want rest in the days as well. I read the words again in Matthew. "Come to Me...." That's what I want. To run up to Him and throw my arms around Him and crawl up into His lap and just rest in Him.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I don't have to carry this burden. I am reminded of the words of the song, "Give them all, give them all - give them all to Jesus." I can feel the tension slowly release. Heaven is just around the corner - my Jesus is coming soon to take me home.

Arram... Sometimes it hard to express yourself in just one language. Arram... it means "peace." The kind that passes all understanding. The kind that only God can give.

My heart is feeling better already...

God bless you abundantly!

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I can relate so much to this post. I have to remind myself to just rest in Jesus and give it all to him. Sometimes it feels like the world is crashing in all around you and it's really hard to feel like you can hang on to your sanity. I apprecite your blogs so much. Many times they have helped me to put things back into perspective again. Thank you so much for your ministry. Jeanie